Name: Janette Hughes
Profession: Quality Assurance Implementer
Business: Melbourne Quality Assurance
Although involved in the food manufacturing industry for over twenty years, it is Janette’s twelve years as a Business Manager that had given pursuit to Food Safety and Quality Assurance. With a degree in Business Management and a Diploma in Food Industry Quality Assurance Management it is these traits that are predominately implemented into our client’s businesses.
Janette has assisted companies in improving their systems and processes by developing and implementing management policies and procedures and training staff members on these improvements.
- Business Manager
- Implementation and Management of HACCP, SQF food safety programs
- Internal Auditing of HACCP-based food safety systems alongside local and international standards
- Quality Assurance in Food Safety, Human Resources, Management, Occupational Health & Safety
Name: Dr Ajay Shah, BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE (FE), FAIFST
Profession: Scientific and Technical Food Solutions Consultant
Business: AAS Food Technology Pty Ltd
Dr Ajay Shah is a highly experienced Food Scientist and Technologist, drawing from impressive academic achievements and career highlights both in Australia and abroad. Dr Shah brings a global understanding of food science and technical issues including food safety.
Dr Shah operates a food technical consultancy business in providing scientific and technical food solutions including organic certification for food industries.
- Exemplar Global Registered Food Safety Auditor (12268)
- Implementationand Management of food safety programs: HACCP, BRC, SQF, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000
- Internal Auditingof HACCP, BRC, SQF, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000
- External Auditingof HACCP, Feed Safe Audits
- Plus, support roles for food safety and quality in:
- Food Ingredient Labelling, Nutrition Panel Compliance, Regulatory and Food Analytical Advice
- Food Preservation, Packaging Developments, Shelf Life Evaluation
- Formulations, New Product Development, Process Development and Improvements
- Occupational Health and Safety for the Food Industry, Organic Certification Support
- Staff Training and Workplace Assessments, Extrusion Technology
Name: Jane Del Rosso
Profession: Kitchen Incubator Manager
Business: My Other Kitchen
Jane has created a place where new food businesses are nurtured to success in an environment of sharing and support by providing a commercial kitchen for rent and services to grow your business.
Offering advice and guidance on getting your new business up and running – writing your business plan, setting up your food safety program and registration with the relevant authorities to create your food products and present them to the world. Referrals to other small business supporters such as Accountants, Lawyers, IP Professionals and Food Technology and Packaging experts and hosting a collection of very effective networking sessions.
The facility is just under 190 square meters and can be used either exclusively or on a shared basis. There is a separate dining/meeting room that can seat up to twelve people. The room can also be configured to seat more people in theatre style and can be booked independently of the kitchen area.